Transformers are critical components in solar energy production and distribution. Historically, transformers have “stepped-up” or “stepped-down” energy from non-renewable sources. There are different types of solar transformers including distribution, substation, pad mounted and grounding. All solar transformers have specialized needs that impact costs. Normally these type of transformers are accommodated by devices that measure heat related volume variations. Gas cushion is used to compensate the volume variation due to heat. Normally the gas is nitrogen. This gas is thermally uncoupled from the dielectric liquid.
- Rating up to 3 MVA
- HV Voltage 11, 22 & 33 or as per customer requirement.
- LV Voltage – 0.30, 0.38, 0.420, 0.433, 0.750, 1.05, 6.6 or as per customer requirement.
- Vector Group – Dy11Y11, Dy11, Y11y11, Dy5y5y5 or as per customer requirement.
- Voltage step-up from the inverter output to the MV feeding network.
- Galvanic isolation between the solar inverter and the feeding network.
- High mechanical strength LV winding comprise of two windings made of aluminum or copper both connected in wye (Y) with or with out neutral point.
- Natural or air forced cooling system.
- Robust and oil tight mechanical construction with customized overall dimensions.
- High quality surface protection.
- Protection & monitoring with devices that offer oil level indication, gas detection, pressure and temperature control